Heart Disease Detection ECG
12 Lead Electrocardiogram (ECG) Only £80
As part of a full health assessment most occupational health operators would consider an ECG as part of the complete package. An ECG is a very good way to pick the early signs of heart disease.
What is an Electrocardiogram (ECG)?
An ECG measures the electrical activity of a patient’s heart. As the heart contracts to pump blood around the body a small electrical current is made which is detected by the ECG, which then displays the information on a line graph.
Why have an ECG?
There are many reasons to consider having an ECG:
- To diagnose the cause of chest pain or pressure. This could be caused by a heart attack, inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart (pericarditis), or angina.
- To confirm the the onset of heart disease if a patient presents the symptoms of shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting, and palpitations.
- To confirm that prescribed medicines aren’t causing side effects that affect the heart.
- To check the health of the heart when other diseases or conditions are present. These include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking, diabetes, and a family history of early heart disease.
- Or simply to check the heart’s electrical activity.
How Is it Done?
An ECG takes between 10-15 minutes to perform, depending on what is being tested for.
- There are 10 leads are placed on your body
- Six on your chest
- one on each of your limbs
- This is so that the doctor can get a 360 view of your heart function
- There is no sensation for you. An ECG is like having 10 small stethoscopes place onto you however, instead of a sound being registered it is the electricity that your pulse generates which is recorded.
- The graph which is generated by your pulse is then analysed by an expert to confirm that everything is as it should be.
Who Performs an ECG
There are two main stages of the ECG, the recording which can be done by a qualified nurse or doctor, and the analysis which is performed by a qualified ECG analyser.
Book Your Private GP Today
To book a private GP appointment is easy, choose to fill in the contact form, email your enquiry email@example.com or call our reception team on 0333 9000 010. Summerfield Healthcare’s medical reception team are specially trained to deal with all enquiries in a professional, prompt & private manner.
Premium Affordable Healthcare
Summerfield Healthcare private medical centres are conveniently located & always administer an outstanding standard of patient care.
"Being a self-employed tutor means I can't wait to see a Doctor.
Thankfully with Summerfield Healthcare I was able to see a Doctor swiftly.
I used to think that private healthcare was for the privileged few. Now it's essential for the self-employed."