Health Checks For All Your Staff
It is vitally important that you have an annual health check to help you spot early signs of any illnesses, or provide reassurance.
Through the RHA health partnership with our sister company D4Drivers, we are offering health checks to RHA members for only £99 per assessment.
Summerfield Healthcare are experienced in sending healthcare professionals on-site and we can send someone to you anywhere in the UK within 7 days to complete multiple health assessments.
Your health is something that many people are guilty of neglecting and a health check service is not readily available on the NHS.
You can develop a range of complications at any age and often serious problems such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease pose a higher risk to those of us who are of a more mature age.
What’s Involved In Your Health Check?
Your staff will be given separate lifestyle and mental health questionnaires to complete prior to the consultation. The health check includes:
- Blood pressure: Raised blood pressure, also known as Hypertension, is a major risk factor for Heart Attacks and Strokes. Having raised blood pressure does not usually cause you any symptoms, and it is often only diagnosed during a healthcheck.
- Pulse rate: Using an oximeter our nurse will check your blood oxygen saturation level, helping to detect any abnormal pulse readings.
- BMI: This is known as body mass index and is a measure of the healthy weight for your height. Although this may not be as accurate for very muscular individuals, it is still a useful measure, as a raised BMI can increase the risk of multiple long term health conditions including heart disease, strokes, diabetes, osteoarthritis and even some cancers.
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment: This is measured by a medical assessment tool know as QRISK2, which works out your risk of developing cardiovascular disease over the next 10 years by assessing your individual risk factors. It is used for individuals who do not already have a diagnosis of heart disease or stroke. A raised score is over 10%, and will lead to measures being discussed to reduce your individual risk. This would include lifestyle recommendations and statin medication.
- Blood Glucose and Cholesterol levels: A point of care test which uses specialised analysers to give a blood cholesterol level using a skin prick test. The benefit of this type of test is that the sample does not have to be sent to the lab, but instead you will receive the results within minutes. Raised cholesterol levels is an important risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Lung function test: The peak flow check measures the speed of your breathing, your score can indicate narrow airways and potential lung problems such as asthma.
- Urinalysis: A comprehensive urine sample screening detecting a range of elements including blood, ketones, glucose and protein levels. This is a a valuable test which can help detect conditions ranging from diabetes and chronic kidney disease, to even urological cancers.
- Mental health assessment: This is assessed using the PHQ9 and GAD7 screening tools, which identify evidence of mood disorders and anxiety. Mental health difficulties are extremely common, and are a major cause of ill health and work related absence. They are even a contributing factor in many physical health problems including heart disease and are often under diagnosed. Fortunately they can be identified using these screening tools, which means help such as counselling and CBT can be sought at an earlier stage.
Following the health checks your staff will receive a detailed report using our traffic light system specifying green, amber or red for each individual aspect of the medical screening, as well as an overall score combining all aspects of your screening.
This tailored advice based on your score will help your staff to make appropriate lifestyle changes and seek early intervention.
A copy of the report is retained to compare results when you book your next health checks.
To arrange an on-site visit simply complete the contact form on this page, for more information email [email protected] or call our dedicated RHA medical line on 0333 0153 613.
All prices exclude VAT.