Reliable, Efficient Health Screening
It is vitally important that you have an annual health screening to help you spot early signs of any illnesses, or provide reassurance.
Your health is something that many people are guilty of neglecting and a health screening service is not readily available on the NHS.
You can develop a range of complications at any age and often serious problems such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease pose a higher risk to those of us who are of a more mature age.
What’s Involved In Your Health Screening?
Your health screening is arranged at a time to suit you and for only £99 Summerfield Healthcare will provide the following checks at our Shrewsbury & Wolverhampton centres:
- Vision and Colour Vision- Testing your visual acuities (strength of vision) and your colour vision helps indicate whether an optician assessment is required.
- Blood pressure: A straightforward test checks your blood pressure levels and highlights hypertension (elevated blood pressure) which can put a strain on your arteries and organs, leading to an increased risk of heart attacks/strokes.
- Pulse rate: Using an oximeter our nurse will check your blood oxygen saturation level, helping to detect any abnormal pulse readings.
- BMI: Our nurse will check your body mass index which indicates whether your weight is healthy and if you have excess waist fat. An unhealthy BMI can increase risk of type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment: As important as any clinical test, the assessment establishes risk factors for cardiovascular disease such as blood pressure, cholesterol levels, smoking status, family history, age and gender. The assessment not only calculates risk of cardiovascular disease within the next 10 years, but throughout your whole life time.
- Blood Glucose and Cholesterol levels: A skin prick test will pinpoint your exact blood sugar levels and identify risk of elevated blood glucose which can be problematic if at a high level for a long period of time. In addition we check your cholesterol, helping to spot the early signs of heart disease or diabetes, this is crucially important due to high cholesterol itself not having symptoms.
- Lung function test: The peak flow check measures the speed of your breathing, your score can indicate narrow airways and potential lung problems such as asthma.
- Urinalysis: A comprehensive urine sample screening detecting a range of elements such as blood, specific gravity and protein levels
Following your health screening you will receive a detailed report using our traffic light system specifying green, amber or red for each individual aspect of the medical screening, as well as an overall score combining all aspects of your screening.
This tailored advice based on your score will help you to make appropriate lifestyle changes and seek early intervention.
A copy of your report is retained to compare results when you return for your next health screening.
Book Your Health Screening
“First class service and just what I needed. The traffic light system meant I left feeling reassured about my health and specifically my blood pressure which was a worry for me.
For £99 I am definitely going to make this an annual medical for me and my wife.”
Premium Affordable Healthcare
Summerfield Healthcare private medical centres are conveniently located & always administer an outstanding standard of patient care.